Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finding The Light In It All

The best part of my week
(my not so easy week)
was you standing there
arms out
smile on your face
saying "I'm trying to give you a hug."

I hadn't noticed
my
head
wasn't in that space

but the best part of my week
(my let's not have another week like that for a while, ok? please? week)
was feeling you holding me

my body
pressed up against yours
your arms
around me
feeling your breathing
against mine
chest to chest
stomach to stomach
that sense of
"there isn't a me any more."
just this feeling
this moment
this melting
I'm ok. I'm safe. He's here. It's all ok now.

Here's the thing, the truth of it all... the very best part of my week?
(my we all made it through this, didn't we week?)
was the feel of your skin
under my lips
as you held me.

Me, breathing softly against the base of your neck
feeling you that close
my skin
your skin
together
tender
soft
sweet smelling and
pure

me resting my head on your shoulder and breathing you in
drinking you in
dizzy from the headiness of it all

I could live in that moment
I did live in that moment.
Actually
felt
in that moment

breathed
calmed
loved
was loved

eternal.

That moment
pressed up close against you
resting my head
on your shoulder
my face
lips
mouth
safe against your neck
all of me held safe and close
eyes closed
breathing with you
was the best part of my week.

Being in that space with you
in that moment
lips against nape

That
was the best part of my week.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.