Saturday, December 12, 2015

Time

there's who I do not want to be
and there's who I do not want to be 
anymore
and somewhere in between all that
is me
to be found and felt and learned
and who I am
and will be
and want to be and
I am adjusting

I am adjusting hard
to this
and to things I wish were different
but that are worth
aiming for

and it's all hard work
it's all a weighted slog through thickness pulling at me
creating drag
each step forward
heavy
long
tiring

I see the goal
the end
the lightening

step after step after no way I'm stopping here
this is it now
final push
hardest yet

knowing not
what the lightening of this load results in
knowing only
it is better
I'll be better
and there will be love there
more love than I knew existed
before I felt it
felt it
felt it
true

I've been in a time of growth
a forward momentum time for a decade now
ten years of positive movement
transition now
time of change
two years
a catalytic third
pushed to recognize
to see, accept, and know
then seen
and loved
as I let go of knowing what I thought I knew
became aware of
what
had held me back
first growth
then transition
now pushing through the last
not over
never over
quite
but new
anew
a
new
forever
figuring it out
as I get there
and it's such hard work
so hard
so hard
so hard
deep breath

alone
but not quite
some are there
others nearby
cheering me
cheering me
cheering me
on

catalytically speaking
pain
and trust
then love beyond
moving me forward
positively
forward
pain I did not know I could endure
now me

the slog
heavy heavy
it's dry in the desert though
love



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.