Sunday, September 18, 2016

I'm Not Comfortable In Heels

I wish you'd come and sit in silence with me
your presence enough for me to lean against

just be here
quietly
and hold me up
so I can ease
and breathe
and find that space of comfort
letting go

love used to be simpler
when we were children
when there wasn't such a need
when it was see and speak and know
and marriage was the first step
just like all the movies say

I see it's all relative
all of it
there is only the truth that I
separately
understand
alone

so I wrap myself around you
legs and arms and skin against skin we breathe into each other('s)
space 
no longer
separate
for a time
joined
entwined
not twisted
but curled
and curved together
eternally
externally
internally too

you can share a breath with someone
without losing your own

green, you say, green

gold, I say, gold
and

let me 
turn 
that 
up 
for you

new

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.