Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Sword

You tell me
I'm 
double blind, 
placebo controlled
while I'm making volcanos in my kitchen sink 
because you're not here to talk to

everything used to be simpler
in the times when we weren't there
and I fall in love at the drop of a hat
and let me tell you...
people are dropping hats
all over the place

eyes aren't windows
they're portals you can pass through
and souls shine out through opened eyes
and if you look carefully
you'll find that eyes 
are see
through

I dive into things
into
people
into
feelings
into
lives
into
eternities
I dive into them 
and sometimes you 
have to remind 
me
to dive back out

metaphors are always mixing in my world
and words have more than one side - 
so "double edged" doesn't even begin to cover it

there are 
more stories 
than players
when words mean both nothing
and everything

there's a certain ease to the flow
but getting there isn't easy
double blind, 
placebo controlled
as we are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.